The days are gone when owning a personal car was considered a thing for the rich. It was a symbol of status, and many aspired to have one. With multiple brands in the market, the cost of acquiring a car has significantly reduced because of the high level of competition.
Owning a personal car has recently become a necessity for the rapidly growing middle-class millennial, and one could ask, what are beneficial for you when having a car?
Benefits of Having a Car
Here are some of the benefits of having a car that you will enjoy:
- Independence mobility – Millions of people across the globe can now experience personal mobility and independence whenever they want to go anywhere. With your car, you can go for shopping and other pursuits at any time without following the fixed public transportation schedules.
- Flexibility – You will not need to book tickets for bus travels or trains in case you are traveling from one state to another. With your car, you are free of such hassles.
- You will not be affected by the deficiency of public transportation – Many countries, especially the United States, don’t have developed public transportation; hence, a car remains the best means of transportation.
- Best for emergencies – Not all rural areas have well-served with ambulances and emergency vans in case of sudden ailments and other life-threatening circumstances.
- Great for adventures – When going for a holiday, an adventure, or a pleasure trip, a personal car serves you the best compared to rented or public transportation.
Despite the above benefits, it has not been easy for some people to get their preferred car considering thousands of brands in the market. So which factors should you consider when buying your car?
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Car
- Quality – This refers to the durability of the car. You have to check the materials that are used in making the seats and the entire car.
- Fuel consumption – Unless you are in an oil-producing country, the cost of fuel is drastically increasing, especially in most third world countries. Choose a vehicle that is not a heavy fuel consumer else; the maintenance cost will be high.
- Engine Size – In most cases, the level of fuel consumption is equivalent to the engine size of the car. Choose the right horsepower that suits your pocket. A car with 800 CC consumes 25km/liter, while a V8 with 4700 CC will consume 5.5 km per liter.
- Price – you have to consider your budget after comparing various prices. Various dealers have different prices depending on the model of the vehicle. Do your research before settling on your brand.
- Servicing – this is where you have to check at the availability of the car’s spare parts and maintenance cost. Some common brands have their spare parts across the globe. The spare parts availability will determine the amount of premium you pay for your insurance.
- Brand – of course, this is a very crucial factor you need to consider having in mind the many brands across the globe. In this article, you will learn of the most popular brands that you may have interests in.
In every step, it is advisable to do thorough research to make the right decision. Ensure you get the right seller or dealer who will not rob you. Here are some top brands.
Top Best Car Brands in the World
Now you can drive with confidence in this brand, which has spread its wings across the globe. This auto manufacturing brand is committed to safety, reliability, and capability. The history of Subaru dates back in 1950 on July 15 and has been bringing innovations in the automotive market.
Subaru aims at releasing world-class safety on the road. Besides, it is providing vehicles with a more maximized interior space and highly efficient packaging. For 66 years, it has been serving its customers and putting a smile on the face of its customers. It was founded by Kenji Kita and has its headquarters at Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. It serves globally except in South Korea. It is a reliable brand that you can trust.
It has both All-Wheel Drive and rear-wheel drive. Some of its turbocharged versions include Legacy, Impreza WRX, Ascent, Outback XT, and Forester XT.
It is a subsidiary of a famous Chinese automotive company. It is one of the most luxurious brands across the world, with its headquarters at Torslanda in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The company has been in the market for 92 years since April 14, 1927. Previously, the company owner was AB Volvo, then was handed over to Ford Motor Company, and finally to Geely Holding, who have been the owners since 2010.
It has some subsidiaries like Volvo Cars of North America LLC, Volvo Cars of Canada, and Volvo Cars Indianpacific. Volvo is known to manufacture luxurious cars like sport utility vehicles (SUVs), sedans, compact executive sedans, and station wagons. According to Volvo, the new models that will be produced from 2019 were to be hybrid-electric. By the year 2040, its vehicles will be electrified.
Porsche is a German automobile company that specializes in manufacturing SUVs, sedans, and sports cars. Porsche has its headquarters in Stuttgart and owned by the famous Volkswagen AG. It has been in operation for 88 years since 1931, having been founded by Ferdinand Porsche.
The company was first given the assignment by the government to design a car for the people, which resulted in Volkswagen Beetle. Later, Porsche 64 was produced in 1939 from the components of the Volkswagen Beetle. This company was very significant in manufacturing heavy trucks and military vehicles in World War II.
In 2004, Porsche was benefiting from the hybrid technology of Toyota. Its current model is Boxster roadster, Cayman, Cayenne, Macan, Taycan, and the Panamera. It also has tractors and racing cars.
Audi is known to produce and market luxury vehicles. This German automobile company is one of the members of the Volkswagen Group. Audi has its roots in Bavaria. Its predecessor is Auto Union GmbH. August Horch founded this company in 1910, while the modern era was founded in 1969.
It has 11 production centers in 9 countries with its headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany. Its subsidiaries include Ducati, Lamborghini, Audi Brussels, Audi Sport GmbH, and Audi Hungaria Motor Kft.
The parent organization of Lexus is Toyota and has spread in over 70 countries across the globe. This automobile industry has its headquarters at Nagoya, Japan. Eiji Toyoda founded it on September 1, 1989. For 30 years, it has been offering luxury vehicles and automotive financing services.
Lexus is vastly produced in Japan with significant productions at Chubu and Kyushu areas. Since the year 2000, Lexus has increased its sales in the United States, making it a large market in the region. This Japanese brand has now spread to other areas like Latin, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
Lexus usually produces its high performing models in the F Marque division, which is a significant Flagship and the famous Fuji Speedway. The latest in this division are the Lexus RC F Sport, Lexus LS F Sport, and the Lexus GS F Sport. Lexus model joined the motorsport world in 1999, and since then, it has been releasing great SUVs.
The automotive industry continues to be transverse across the globe releasing new car models even more frequently than it was some five decades ago. Now you can choose your vehicle from the variety of car brands available in the market. The next time you are acquiring your car, consider the above brands.